Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Cupid Hates Me


One half of the blogging team that fights the Girl Fight is an online dater.


It's true.


That online dater is me.


Two years ago I moved from a small city to the great metropolis of Toronto. As I'm sure everyone has; I heard so many success stories about dating online and figured that with the right mindset, zero expectations and the ability to laugh about it afterwards, I had nothing to lose.

So here I am now, an online dating veteran (A year and a half and I still have a live profile) and what I have to show for it are a few scars on my heart and some seriously entertaining stories.



My profile is with OkCupid; chosen because its completely free and has the best selection of cute Toronto boys (I suppose they are men, but I can't help but refer to them as 'boys') I had previously been a member of match.com and perused Plenty of Fish without setting up an account, and OkCupid has the cutest boys in comparison hands down.

I'm going to chronicle the good, bad and the just plain uncomfortable and hilarious dating escapades through my entries of "Cupid Hates Me"....


 I'll try to post regularly... One of my resolutions this year is to Stop Recycling Boys, and the only way to do that is to meet new ones! So I will be dating as much as possible to distract myself from the old... and hopefully find someone new to get all hung up on.



- kj



No comments:

Post a Comment